Saturday, March 12, 2011

Seeking inspiration

There is a myth called inspiration. Is it real? I don't know. What I do know is that writing comes from a frame of mind special to you. Everyone is different. For JK Rowling, she hides in coffee shops and writes in the back room. For me, I drown myself in music, preferably with ear buds on.

And I write every day. Every one. Writing is like any skill. The more your practice the better you become. Stop for a week and it will take another week to get back into the swing.

so, you need to be honest with yourself and discover what allows you to be a great writer. Turn on the fan, write in your car or go hide in the local park. It doesn't matter. Just do it and do it every day.

Oh, I am sitting in a Starbucks and listening to U2 and, man, I am digging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment